Calgary Beer Cycle Tour
Calgary Beer Bike (Craft Cycle)
2020 For Covid-19 all tours are private. Bikes have vinyl dividers between riders to ensure safety. Singing on the bike has been moved to 2021.
There is no better way to explore the "YYC Barley Belt" than on a 14 passenger BIKE! Discover some of the best breweries Calgary has by bike this summer, you don't want to miss out!
Craft Cycle Beer Tours will be biking you around the best breweries to see in Calgary. This tour will be 2 hours, enjoying time with friends and the outdoors!
Our Beer Bikes will fit 14 people at a time, safely and comfortably. Contact us for private brewery tours, custom events.
Pickup Location: 311 34th ave SE Calgary (at the roundabout cul de sac area)- Across from Paddy's Brewery.
What Is Included In My Calgary Beer Bike Tour?
Included in the Craft Cycle Tour:
- Beer Geek tour guide
- Large Beer Bike
- Round trip transportation
- Best outdoor seating and pre-booked venues
** Please note, the cost of beer is not included in this tour, that will be at your own expense**.
Sample Tour Schedule - What to expect on your Calgary Beer Bike Tour
(Please see the tour schedule for start times, tour generally runs 2 hours but we stretch it to 2.25 hours)
12 PM: Meet at the pickup location (City & Country Winery - Barley belt), orientation takes place, what to expect, housekeeping, safety rules of the bike. If someone is not here yet, we call or text them to remind you we leave by 12:15 PM sharp.
12:15-12:45 PM: 1st Brewery introduction, Brewery Tour & you get to order your drinks. If a group wants to eat, please let us know ahead of time so we can organize the tour so you have more time at one of the breweries to eat.
1:00 PM- 1:30 PM: 2nd Brewery introduction, more beer knowledge & you can order more beer. More talking, more drinks, and learn a bit more about the craft beer industry.
1:45 PM - 2:15 PM: 3rd Brewery introduction. Last stop on the beer bike, so make sure you fill up a growler and get some snacks.
2:15 PM - 2:30 PM: Head back to the original pickup location. Make sure to thank our awesome guide!
What Breweries do we visit?
We have plenty of great tour brewery partners as well as an awesome Distillery.
- Paddy's BBQ and Brewery
- Cabin Brewing
- Banded Peak Brewing
- Born Colorado Brewing
- *Annex Brewing
- *Uncommon Cider Co
- *Confluence Distillery
- *Establishment Brewing Co
- *City & Country Winery
*Private groups can let us know at the time of booking which venues you are looking to visit. Please suggest 4.
Housekeeping Beer Bike Info
Lots of our guests have experienced this tour in other cities before trying out the Craft Cycle here in Canada. Please be sure you know what is included in this tour as every Country and Municipality differs. Below is included in all reminder emails:
- Orientation begins 15 minutes prior to departure.
- Please be early to avoid missing out! Tours leave on time. If you are late and miss the Orientation and briefing you are unable to join the tour mid-tour for safety reasons. Please reach out to our office for rescheduling options.
- We visit 3 breweries (Please note during special events dates we will substitute a brewery for Tap & Barrel or the Gull).
- Beer is not included in the standard "Craft Cycle Tour", those who want a beer included please upgrade to the $89+ minibus tour.
- Hills, yes there is a hill on the way back!
- The Beer Bike moves slowly, if it feels like your chain is not helping propel the bike, you can stop pedaling until the bike starts to slow. The route is a pre-approved route and if construction obstructs the route alternate route is pre-approved but is a bit shorter on bike time.
- Those at the front of the bike get the best workout. There are 10 pedal seats on the bike and 4 seats that do not pedal.
- Please work with our guide as we find the best available parking for the bike.
- Those pre-drinking and are drunk or stoned will not be allowed on the tour (You don't even get your refund).
- We run rain or shine, rain checks are not a thing in BC.
- Total pedalling is 1.5-1.8km over the 2.25-hour tour. This is plenty based on the speed of the bike. If you want a long ride, contact us and we can go to Annex which pushes the total biking to 4.5km.
- Deposits are non-refundable but can be transferred 7+ days out from your tour. Full refunds available for guests within 24 hours of initial booking.
- The bike needs to get back to the start point and please do not leave the tour early (Please don't make the guide push the bike up the hill - they might die).
- Please use the white bar on the bike to pull yourself up, avoid using the seats to pull yourself up at all costs. Pulling on the seat will cause it to break off and hit you in the face.
- Total cycling is 5-10 minutes between breweries for a total of 20-25 minutes total or 5-7 songs on your playlist.
- Our guides are happy to lead tours in the back of the Breweries upon request (Time permitting), please be mindful drinks are consumed in the tasting room, while education is consumed in the back of the brewery
- Drinking on the bike has been moved to 2021 to ensure pandemic safety measures.
- These bullet points exist because of emails or reviews received, if you are thinking of inviting friends who have a harder time having fun please feel free to ask them to meet you at a brewery after the tour.
If the guide does not tip the bike, please feel free to tip the guide.
Contact us or view our FAQ page for more details on food options on private tours, custom pickups or tour passenger minimums. Ready to go? Book your Craft Cycle tour above or contact us to put together your tour. Be sure to rate us on Viator, Facebook or Tripadvisor after!