Canadian Craft Tours Manager Trainee
Canadian Craft Tours has an immediate opening for a full-time position for a Manager Trainee in Vancouver. This position is a front-line customer service position with a structured approach and track to management or a specialized head office role over the next 12-18 months.
Canadian Craft is an organization of craft beer, spirits, and wine enthusiast's, dedicated to creating exceptional group tours and locally crafted experiences across BC. Operating throughout Vancouver, Vancouver Island, Whistler & the Okanagan this rapidly growing company is looking for the right individual to help continue and sustain growth in BC.
The right candidate will have a passion for the BC craft beverage market & tourism. An understanding of how customer service and a "Yes mentality" is imperative to business growth.
• Minimum certificate, diploma or degree preferred
• Social media savvy
• BC Class 5 drivers license at a minimum, ability to obtain class 4 (Training provided)
• Proven track record in Customer Service & Sales
• Experience in the BC Craft Brewery, spirits or wine industry or relevant experience
• Proven track record to captivate guests & ability to give sales presentations
• Familiarity of cost effectiveness, income statements balance sheets
• Ability to work stay organized while working in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
• Project management experience
• Clean drivers abstract and criminal record check
• Desire to grow in their position and take on more responsibility
• Proven love for the BC tourism industry, ability to travel within BC 5-10%
• Ability to work weekends tours (Position is Tuesday to Saturday or Monday to Friday)
• Ability to work out of south Richmond 4 business days per week
• Ability to work as a team
• Adaptability & Flexibility, overall understanding that business needs change month to month
Day to day organizational expectations not limited to:
• Overall tour leadership and organization. Booking guests, venue locations, generation of corporate bookings & leads.
• Front line phone handling
• Front line bus dispatch
• Help drive a culture of cost-effective planning
• Execution on marketing plan and drive performance with weekly and monthly meetings
• Manage & co-ordinate guides & events in multiple cities
• Special event planning
• Ideal: Help build and sustain back end systems such as web, online advertising, SEO
• Ideal: Daily social media posting
Looking for an amazing opportunity to springboard your career in the BC Craft and/or tourism markets? Do you have what it takes to constantly push top tier customer service scores, cost effective planning & organizational growth? If so you might be the right candidate for this position.
Craft Beer & Wine Guide
Multiple BC locations:
- Vancouver (2 positions open)
- Kelowna (1 position open)
Canadian Craft Tours is excited to be recruiting for our summer guides across the province.
Canadian Craft Tours is a company of craft beer, wine and spirits enthusiasts dedicated to bringing their love of local beverages to locals and tourists alike. Every tour and customer interaction is handled with a yes mentality through employee empowerment. This fast growing company is looking for self starting individuals to continue to provide top level customer service to help push and sustain their growth through 2017.
Performance is measured from customer service scores, marketing achievements, task achievements, cost control, leadership and business acumen.
Are you an energetic, responsible and goal focused individual with a love for craft beer, wine and/or spirits? If so this position may be a great fit for you.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited too:
- Craft Beverage presentations to guests daily on site at Breweries & Wineries
- Staying on schedule
- Positive promotion of our local partners
- Driver and pre-trip driver log submission daily/weekly
- Clean drivers abstract & criminal record check
- Class 4 drivers license or ability to obtain one (Training can be provided, licenses not subsidized)
- Past work experience in craft beer or wine
- Self starting
- Ability to work weekends (Friday to Sunday peak period)
- Ability to follow instructions
- Team player
Although a substantial amount of training can be provided we request that only those with a background in wine, beer or guiding industry apply. Have more than enough of a love of the industry, please apply.
Position is part time running up to 2-4 tours per month. Guide compensation is $15.00-$16.50/hour depending on experience and can be done on a contract basis or regular part time. Average is $70-$100+tips per tour.
This guide position has the potential to move into a full time for the summer season.
To apply - email your resume to: Recruiting@CanadianCraftTours.ca