WHAT DO THE TOURS INCLUDE
- An energetic and knowledgeable tour guide
- A visit to three or more establishments
- An in-depth, behind the scenes look at one of our stops
- Pick up and drop off at our designated meeting spot. Private pick up is available. Please inquire for details.
- A fun group of like-minded adventurers
- More locally crafted samples than we should probably give you
WHAT DO THE TOURS NOT INCLUDE?
If your tour was arranged with a food stop all food and beverage costs incurred are your responsibility. Additional beer, growlers, merchandise and any gratuity you’d like to provide for the breweries or tour guides are also not included.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- Two (2) Pieces of Valid ID - Must be 19 years of age or older
- Wear closed-toe shoes - No flip flops (it's for the venue's liability). This is for all the tours we provide!
- Wear weather appropriate clothing - It's Canada, it rains often and snows without warning, but we're not afraid!
- Extra cash to buy your favourite libation or continue the night out on the town.
- Don't worry about bringing a ticket or printing your reservation! We have your info! All we need is a name!
WHERE DO YOU PICK UP / DROP OFF?
Vancouver: 999 Canada Place Way, Vancouver. In the 'bus zone' along the curb.
Calgary: 239 12 Ave SW, Calgary, AB
Edmonton: Your hotel or accommodation - Public pick-up spot pending (email for details)
Victoria: 660 Oswego St, Victoria. At the passenger loading zone.
Kelowna: 1250 Ellis Street - Look for White Van with Canadian Craft Tours (Please do not enter BNA brewing before we arrive)
Penticton: Your hotel or accommodation
Whistler/Squamish: Your Hotel or Accommodation
Nanaimo: 90 Front Street, Nanaimo. Enter the lower parkade using the entrance across the street from the Coast Bastion Hotel. We'll be in the round-a-bout.
IS THERE A MINIMUM AGE?
All tour attendees must be at least 19 years of age in BC and 18 in Alberta, guests must bring and hold valid photo ID. Underage people are welcome on Coffee Tours, Dim Sum Tours, or Private tours. Guests can hire tours, charters, and shuttles through www.canadiancraftcharters.ca where you can hire our guide and transportation by the hour/venue.
HOW LONG IS A TOUR?
Tour run times vary based on the tour you select. Winery Tours 5-6 Hours, Brewery Tours 3-4 Hours, Brewery & Distillery Tour 3.5 - 4 hours, Food tours are 2-3 hours..
WHAT TIME DO THE TOURS START?
Start times vary by tour and date.
Public: Tour registration starts 15 minutes before the tour star time. Tours leave at the tour start time, ensure you arrive early. We do our best to contact late guests and will wait no more than 5 minutes for late guests.
Private: Our guide will arrive at your custom pickup location 10-15 minutes before our departure time. We suggest group organizers tell the group the start time is 15 minutes before the actual start time. This lets u get waivers together and leave for our first reservation on time.
IS THERE A MINIMUM PASSENGER REQUIREMENT FOR THE TOUR TO RUN?
Some tours have a 4 passenger requirement. If by 24 hours prior before your tour we don't have four people booked we'll make sure to call you to offer you some options.
HOW DO I PURCHASE A TOUR?
General tours can be booked online through our Booking Calendar. Private tours can be arranged by contacting us directly or purchasing more than 10 tickets for a tour of your choosing (Please contact us within 24 hours of your booking to let us know you are looking for a private tour).
HOW CAN I PAY?
Tour payments are processed online through credit card through Peek, Stripe, Shopify We Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
Feel free to tip your guides in Cash. No cash payments for tours, please. Please inquire by email if you need to make alternate arrangements.
For group bookings, we require a 25% non-refundable deposit upon booking, and the remainder is due 7 business days before the tour.
DO YOU CHOOSE THE VENUES OR DO I?
We always suggest letting us choose the venues but recommendations are welcome. Depending on day of week, size of group and time of day the best venues change. We know your best options, we promise.
CAN I CREATE A CUSTOM TOUR?
Absolutely! We offer custom tours for groups of 10+ or a minimum base price of $750 ($75/person), contact us for details.
WHY BUY A TOUR WHEN I CAN GO FOR FREE?
Purchasing a tour with us ensures you get to see behind the curtain of our brewery, winery and distillery partners with the guidance and expertise of our BeerGeeks. It also means you’re free to drink as you please without the worry of arranging transportation!
MY FRIEND DOESN'T DRINK, CAN THEY STILL COME?
We can definitely provide a discounted rate for friends that want to come for the experience but aren’t into beer. If the establishment we're visiting offers other beverages they will need to be purchased separately. Depending on the tour, the non-drinker option is $10-15 less than the regular rate. Does not apply for the beer bike.
WHAT IS THE LARGEST GROUP YOU CAN ACCOMMODATE?
We can accommodate groups of 10-84 on our shuttles. Event days can be planned for groups upwards of 400 people. We have partnerships to ensure groups of any size can be accommodated for custom tours.
IS FOOD AVAILABLE ON THE TOUR?
Breweries often have snacks available for purchase (pepperoni sticks, jerky, cheese bread, etc) but we can’t guarantee what will be available. For this reason, we recommend eating before the tour.
No seriously, we need food, help?
Email us to arrange for a food stop during the tour. All expenses incurred on the food stop will be your responsibility. This is the most common question, we have plenty of options for each city we operate.
CAN I DRINK IN THE VAN?
No, drinking alcohol while inside a vehicle is against Canada Liquor Laws. Luckily, the breweries are all relatively close together!
WHAT IS YOUR REFUND POLICY?
Public tours: Deposits are non-refundable. If canceled within 10 days of your tour - Tour credit only, if canceled within 72 hours of the tour - No refunds and no credits. Change fees will apply if a change is requested within 14 days of the tour.
Do you have a different refund policy for groups?
Yes, due to the nature of group bookings we require a non-refundable deposit of 25% at the time of booking. The remainder must be fully paid (charges are made automatically on credit cards), 7 business days before the tour.
PLEASE READ OUR CODE OF CONDUCT BEFORE YOU GO ON YOUR TOUR!
Thank you for your group booking with Canadian Craft Tours! We’re excited for your tour to start and want to make sure it’s the best experience possible for you and your group. We ask that you please follow the guidelines below to help us make sure that we can give you the best tour possible.
- SAFETY FIRST FRIENDS!
- Please do not consume additional alcohol to what we provide on or before the tour. Predrinking might seem like a great idea, however, if anyone is overly intoxicated and/or is refused service at any venue or by the guide the tour is over for them. In other words, don’t get wastey pants before you hooligans.
- Do not consume alcohol in an undesignated area such as a motor vehicle or outside the venue. We understand the disappointment of not being able to drink in the van, but what if you were driving all your drunk friends and someone gets, dare i say it. Ill. No way Jose’!
- Do not bring any weapons with you. Obviously... no brainer….you will be removed from the tour.
- Please follow instructions from your tour guide and the venue staff. They’re great!!
- Please stay with the group. No one wants to find someone wandering off on their own, let’s have a good time with everyone on the tour! No stragglers please, you may be left behind! Dun dun dunnnnnn
- Please be respectful of others on and off the tour. You all know those people in bars who are acting obnoxious and yelling, saying not nice things. You do that and just like the backstreet boys, it’s BYEBYEBYE! Don’t ruin it for everyone and respect others around you.
- No drugs or other controlled substances. Obviously! This isn't a rave people!
- No Harassment - Harassment of Canadian Craft Tours staff, venue staff and patrons or other tour participants will result in immediate removal from the tour. Just like you were taught in kindergarten, hands to yourself, please.
- Help us help you get home safe by knowing your limit and staying within it!
If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us. Hope you have a fantastic time on your tour, and remember… stay classy (insert city) Sincerely, Canadian Craft Tours and Charters