North Van Beer Cycle Tour
Vancouver Beer Bike Tour | Craft Cycle
*Experience only: choose and purchase your own beverages at each stop. Our guide can pre-order preset flights*
Canadian Craft is the first company to introduce beer bikes to the Lower Mainland and we are so excited that they are here!
On the North Vancouver Craft Cycle Tour we will be pedaling you around some of our favorite venues in Lonsdale. These include the top craft breweries and even food trucks! There are options for beer drinkers, non-beer drinkers, and everything inbetween! Groups looking for food please request a brewpub (Gull or Tap & Barrel) as one of the stops or a reservation for a brewpub at the end of the tour.
Our pickup spot is just a 2-minute walk from Lonsdale Quay and super easy to get to! Our Beer Bikes seat 14 people at a time (Plus our guide), safely and comfortably with lights, signals, and seatbelts.
Contact us for private/custom tour options!
What Is Included In My Vancouver Beer Bike Tour?
- Beer Geek tour guide
- Large Beer Bike, pedal powered
- Round trip transportation from 72 St Georges Ave, North Vancouver
- Best seating available (4pm timeslot is standing at Beere) and pre-booked venues
- Tap & Barrel & The Gull available by request at the time of booking (Based on availability)
- Bluetooth Stereo, please designate your DJ early (You get about 5 songs)
- Need a shuttle to and from home? No problem, you can hire a round trip for roughly $299 for up to 14 guests (based on availability).
** Please note, the cost of beer is not included in this tour, that will be at your own expense - order what you like, our guide can help with pre-orders at orientation**
A reminder that breweries in North Vancouver have LIMITED FOOD. If your (private) group wants food please let us know at the time of booking
What Breweries Do We Visit on the North Van Beer Bike?
We venture through the heart of the North Vancouver Brewery District and visit 3 top-rated breweries. Brewpubs are available at the time of booking for groups looking for a food option. We visit 3 of the following breweries:
Sample Public Tour Schedule - What to expect on your Vancouver Beer Bike Brewery Tour?
11:45 AM: Meet at Canwest Parking 0B3, 72 St Georges Ave, North Vancouver. Orientation (15 minutes for waivers, pedal adjustments, housekeeping, and safety). If someone is not here yet, we call or text them to remind you we leave our tour time on time.
12:00-12:45 PM: Bike over to the first brewery (Usually Greenleaf) in North Vancouver, 1st Brewery introduction (5 minutes) and Brewery Tour (if available). Order the standard flight to save time.
12:45 PM- 1:30 PM: 2nd Brewery introduction, generally Beere (Or Venue based on schedule and venue partner openings), more beer knowledge & you are welcome to order more beer. This is where we tell you a little more about the BC beer industry.
1:40 PM - 2:20 PM: 3rd Brewery introduction (Generally House of Funk - Or Venue based on schedule and venue partner openings), you can order more flight or pints. Last stop on the beer bike. Please don't drink too much because we need to ride the bike back to the pickup spot.
2:15 PM: Head back to Canwest Parking Lot. Make sure to thank our awesome guide!
Please note - Streetcar Brewing expected to open: Early June. Alternate locations during special events are: Tap & Barrel (Owns Brewhall brand) & The Gull (Great Craft Beer & Chef/Food)
Housekeeping Beer Bike Info
Lots of our guests have experienced this tour in other cities before trying out the Craft Cycle here in Canada. Please be sure you know what is included in this tour as every Country and Municipality differs. Below is included in all reminder emails:
- Orientation begins 15 minutes prior to departure (10 minutes on Saturdays).
- Please be early to avoid missing out! Tours leave on time. If guests are late and miss the Orientation and briefing they are unable to join the tour mid-tour for safety reasons. This is why we ask guests to be 10-15 minutes early.
- We suggest taking the sea bus 45-60 minutes before tour start time if using the Seabus.
- We visit 3 breweries (Please note during special events dates we will substitute a brewery for Tap & Barrel or the Gull).
- Beer is not included in the standard "Craft Cycle Tour", those who want a beer included please upgrade to the $75+ minibus tour.
- Hills are a reality in North Vancouver, we work for our beer in North Van!
- The Beer Bike moves slowly if it feels like your chain is not helping propel the bike, all good - stop pedaling until your chain gets traction again. The route is a pre-approved route and if construction obstructs the route, an alternate route is pre-approved but is a bit shorter on bike time.
- Those at the front of the bike get the best workout. There are 10 pedal seats on the bike and 4 seats that do not pedal.
- Parking is in the rear of breweries, we walk as a group to the front upon arrival.
- Those that are pre-drinking, drunk, or stoned will not be allowed on the tour (You don't even get your refund).
- We run rain or shine, rain checks only in lightning storms BC.
- Total pedaling is 1.5-2km over the 2.25-hour tour. This is perfect based on the speed of the bike. If you would like to do more pedaling and do 3+km please let us know at the time of booking.
- Deposits are non-refundable but can be transferred 10+ days out from your tour. Full refunds available for guests within 24 hours of initial booking.
- The bike needs to get back to the start point ensure we have 8 guests still standing at the end of the tour (Please don't make the guide push the bike up the hill - they might die).
- Please use the white bar on the bike to pull yourself up, avoid using the seats to pull yourself up at all costs. Pulling on the seat could cause it to break off and cause injuries.
- North Vancouver is the only municipality with a brewery district who wanted a beer bike as part of their community, we thank the city for working with us to make this project a reality!
- Total cycling is 5-10 minutes between breweries for a total of 20-25 minutes or 5-7 songs on your playlist.
- Our guides are happy to lead tours in the back of one of Beere, Streetcar and House of Funk, Breweries upon request (Time permitting), please be mindful drinks are consumed in the tasting room, while education is consumed in the back of the brewery
- Please be respectful of our neighbors behind Beere Brewing, drinking is in the venues - Canadian Laws do not allow drinks on the bike.
- These bullet points exist because of emails or reviews received, if you are thinking of inviting friends who have a harder time having fun please feel free to ask them to meet you at a brewery after the tour.
*If the Guide does not tip the bike, please feel free to tip the guide. Canadian standard gratuity is 10-15% of the retail cost of the tour*
Contact us or view our FAQ page for more details on food options on private tours, custom pickups or tour passenger minimums. Ready to go? Book your Craft Cycle tour above or contact us to put together your tour. Be sure to rate us on Viator, Facebook or Tripadvisor after!